Old 19-08-2007, 06:31 PM posted to alt.forestry,rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default [Fwd: Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer]

In article BqHxi.59$wr3.9@trndny04, (Joe) says...
Larry, what's your problem? You end up ridiculing the small number of
foresters who actually bother to participate here. The other 99.99%, who
live off the taxpayers or who simply feed wood raw material to mills, and
the hundreds of academics- don't bother to participate because there's no
way for them to control the dialogue, and they're too hooked into the party
line for open discussion. Rather than rant against those few of us who
actually earn a living doing real forestry in the private sector, where we
need to continually serve our clients well, or lose their "good will"- try
getting those others here and you'll have no luck. I've tried participating
in forums set up by the SAF and the Guild and others, and they're all
nothing but the same old tired party line- say anything against THEIR party
line, and they throw you out. Here, everyone enjoys full freedom of speech.
So, if you don't like what we say, why not just ignore that message.

I don't so much ridicule as despise, and that is only restricted to you
east coast weirdos who think you are god's gift to the people who
actually own the land and care for it. From where I sit, it looks like
you are a bunch of phony landscapers with a hypothetical axe to grind,
not real foresters at all. I would be fascinated to talk to some of
your ex-victims to find out how much "good will" you actually leave
behind you. Your contempt for the landowner is obvious. One of you is
so vicious that I actually killfiled a forester in a forestry news group
just so I wouldn't have to read his continual vitriol. As you
suggested, I normally ignore most of your trash talk, but this thread
was crossposted to other groups. I wouldn't want anyone to think that
you clowns are in any way representative of the forestry industry.

Fortunately, there are some real foresters who also frequent this
newsgroup.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.