Old 19-08-2007, 07:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default willow tree and siberian elms are taking over

Who are you and where do you live?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

wrote in message
oups.com...
My ignorant neighbor planted 2 siberian elms right at the fence line
which is less than 6 feet from my back door. He also has a birch and
willow exceeding 30 feet approx 15 feet from my back door. All of
these trees are sitting on my roof and the siberian elms are reaching
into my backdoor and bedroom windows. He neglects them, won't trim
them and will not give me permission to cut them back. I live in
Canada and the law states that I cannot touch them. My only option is
to go to court.

Today we removed our badly cracked and heaved sidewalk and patio and
found enormous roots coming from my neighbors yard. These were the
culprits that destroyed all of the concrete. We axed massive roots
and I want to know if I can apply anything to kill the actual trees.

My elderly neighbor is also paying the consequences for this guys
ignorance. The willow has destroyed several of her trees and is
causing damage to her sunroom. He also told her where to stick it.

I care for special needs foster children and do not have the time or
desire to take this to the courts. Is there anyway to kill the trees
from the exposed roots that are covering my lot?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!