Old 19-08-2007, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Mildew spray

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 Sacha wrote:
On 19/8/07 09:46, in article , "David
Rance" wrote:

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 Sacha wrote:

Just a day or so ago I read that 50/50 milk and water can be sprayed on
gooseberries to counteract mildew. I'd never heard of that before but Ray
says he has a faint memory of it. Might be worth a try for those who are
plagued by it.

Would that work on vines, do you think?

I've never tried it myself, David, merely read about it. But it's worth a
try, mildew is mildew! As Nick says, it's harmless in itself so I'd do it
if I were you and let us know what happens.

Bit late for this year as the spraying season is almost over, that is,
one shouldn't spray within three weeks of gathering the harvest. But
then, that's for Dithane and Bordeaux Mixture. A milk and water mixture
might be the answer in this situation!

David

--
David Rance