Old 19-08-2007, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Mildew spray

In article ,
David Rance writes:

| Bit late for this year as the spraying season is almost over, that is,
| one shouldn't spray within three weeks of gathering the harvest. But
| then, that's for Dithane and Bordeaux Mixture. A milk and water mixture
| might be the answer in this situation!

Yes, precisely. If it is likely to contaminate the crop, even sprayed
on the same day, then you should change your dairy!

The time for Bordeaux mixture is less important than whether there
is significant rainfall between the spraying and cropping and whether
the grapes are well washed. Small amounts of copper residue aren't
going to harm you, but you don't want to eat more than a few
milligrammes (and that's per season, not per meal).

My suspicion is that the rules cause as much harm as good in dry
seasons - as you would expect from anything designed by bureaucrats.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.