Old 20-08-2007, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Johnny Borborigmi Johnny Borborigmi is offline

Default Coleus

On 2007-08-19 13:34:33 -0400, loonyhiker said:

I have 3 coleus plants and a friend said I could root them and keep
them in the house over the winter. Can you tell me when I should take
cuttings and how do I root them? Do I put the cuttings in water or do
I put them straight into a pot with soil after using rooting hormone?

Take cuttings ANY time. Remove lower 1/3 of leaves and stick in potting
soil. Keep moist. You can also start them in water and when the roots
get about an inch long transplant into potting soil. Hormone is NOT
needed.