Old 20-08-2007, 11:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
JMJ JMJ is offline

Default Orange colored is what?

Thanks for the info of your experience.The orange color dust showed up on
the porch weeks before it appeared on the lawn.The blades of grass are now
this color completely all the way through.Will the lawn recover from this on
it's own?

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 17, 4:21 pm, "JMJ" wrote:
Walking on the lawn today with white running shoes and they are covered
with
a very fine orange dust like stuff.Anyone here might know what it could
be.

We had the same thing happen here.a few years back. It turned out to
be the cones on the evergreens were exploding. I can't remember if it
was the fir or spruce. The orange dust appeared after 911 and
freaked alot of people out. Our pine trees did the same thing this
year only it was yellow dust. Very cool to watch it as the trees went
off one after the other.