Old 20-08-2007, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default While weeding....

On 20/8/07 09:02, in article , "John
Vanini" wrote:

We have three small ponds - two in the back garden and one in the front.

We often see several dragonflies over the back ponds but many damselflies
over the front (both red and blue). I don't know enough to recognise types
but they are beautiful to watch.

My wife was lucky in that one morning she saw a dragonfly coming out of it's
pupa stage (have I got that right?) and watched as it slowly filled out its
wings ready to fly.

We'd both like to know more about them but does anyone know of a good
website, with pictures?

This might help
http://www.dragonflysoc.org.uk/frameset.htm?home&home

Thanks for the photo!