Old 20-08-2007, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Brandywine tomatoes

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"snotbottom" wrote in message
ups.com...
This year I went for "Pruden's Purple" and "Pineapple" heirlooms....
Yummy. Pruden's is very Brandywine-like but a bit more regular
shaped. Pineapple is an largish yellow and red striped tomato.

That's in addition to the paste tomatoes that I put up and use for
canned spaghetti sauce.

I wonder where the term "put up" came from. Put up where? On the shelf? I
know it means canning, but it's an odd description.

http://www.amazon.com/Putting-Food-P.../dp/0452268990

The review may be of interest.

Bill

--