Old 20-08-2007, 07:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default PLEASE HELP: Is this a typical garden snake? It was found inour kitchen this morning. LOW REZ PIC

James wrote:
"James" wrote in message
Oops - here's the picture.

Thanks again.

I just finished looking through
http://fwie.fw.vt.edu/VHS/snakes_of_virginia.htm and did not find the snake
in question there. So my question is now this. Is the picture of the
enclosed snake indigenous to Virginia or the US east coast? Or has this
snake been brought into the area?

I don't want to turn it loose in the back yard until I know better.
Otherwise, I might need to take it to the reptile center where I live.

Again, thanks for any help you can offer.

James

Google up copperhead images. We have them in northern Delaware but
highly localized. I believe they are prominent in parts of North
Carolina - at least in Kinston. Coworkers there had problems with them
getting in garages and with them biting their pets. Hope you killed it
and it didn't bite you.

Frank