Old 21-08-2007, 01:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

Default Thanks Chewing Critters

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:42:56 -0700, tbell wrote:

Thanks to all, especially Wendy and the Manellis, for chiming in. I stalked
the critters at 11 last night, and was gratified to find and savagely destroy
two slugs! Now I just hope they were the only ones; I spread metaldehyde on
the GH floor around the air intake vent.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Slugs are snails -- if you squished them you just seeded the entire
location and everywhere you walk. They are hermaphrodites and self
fertilize. So I hope you used another method of dispatch.

SuE