Old 21-08-2007, 02:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default this MI5 crap

willshak wrote:
on 8/21/2007 9:12 AM Frank said the following:
willshak wrote:
on 8/20/2007 10:56 PM Eggs Zachtly said the following:
said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

What is the 'M15' spam? I use Thunderbird and using the search
feature, I can't find any message with 'M15' in the header, or From,
or in the body of any message. Perhaps my news server is filtering
them before I get them?

I'm using TB too and ng's are flooded with M15 crap. Filters don't
work. Am using Vista OS and wonder if this is fault.

No, your OS isn't at fault. It's your newsserver, or newsreader, that is
letting it through.
I just checked the website of my newsserver, and they claim this:

*Powerful spam prevention* — XXXXXXXXX was the first to develop
innovative filtering techniques, designed especially for Usenet spam. As
a result, we lead the industry in eliminating Usenet abuse, so your
users will never be continuously plagued with unwanted content.

Looking at M15 stuff, I get impression that person is mentally
unbalanced with excellent computer skills or he would be in jail or
mental facility by now.

Frank

Thanks. News server is Comcast. Will have to see what they say.
Frank