Old 22-08-2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Pennyaline Pennyaline is offline

Default Rocks on top of a plant pot

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Pennyaline wrote:

Omelet wrote:
Shel' dear. I always have put gravel in the bottom of pots to facilitate
good pot drainage. I was taught to do that by my Botany professor when I
used to work for him and take care of the class greenhouse. He also
always put a pot sherd over the hole or holes.

But, I use really big pots when I do that. 1 gallon on up to 25 gallon
depending on what I am planting. ;-)

But did you put in enough gravel or pot shards to hold the containers
down in a high wind? That is the OPs problem.

Actually, Omlet was responding to another of Shelly's ill conceived
constructions of reality, which by the way didn't address OP's problem
either.

I stated that keeping the containers in place during high winds is the
OP's problem. Neither Omelet nor I was trying to solve the OP's problem
through Omelet's response. She was responding to Sheldon, and I was
responding to her. No more, no less.