Old 22-08-2007, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default official site to look up the scientific names of plants

Active said:

Is there an official site to look up the scientific names of plants?

I looked up oregano on the Internet and got as many different opinions as
sites I visited.

I wanted to establish the scientific name for the culinary variety (which I
believe might be the "Greek Oregano").

Got official sounding instructions but they do not agree with each other.

Thanks

May be the largest online plant database:
www.davesgarden.com

They also have a plant ID forum, if you've got a pic. As a non-member, I
believe you can make 3 posts per day, but don't quote me. =)

HTH
--

Eggs

Did Washington flash a quarter when asked for ID?