Old 23-08-2007, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Joint compound as fertilizer/conditioner

"George.com" wrote in message

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
news
Any reason why joint compound can't be worked into the soil to add in
nutrients, like calcium, or as a way to control the ph of the soil? I

have
about 3 lbs of the stuff from a previous drywall project and didn't want

toss it out, when I could toss it on the compost pile or toss it in the

dirt
to break down.

I can say that old gib board is reprocessed to get the gypsum out of it &
then sold as a soil amendment.

rob

That's promising. I was hoping that joint compound didn't contain something
that would be detrimental to plant growth.