Old 23-08-2007, 01:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
snotbottom snotbottom is offline

Default looking for carefree color

Many perennials do require a fair bit of work, and most only bloom for
a short time. Annuals, however are quite carefree and most self-seed
freely and thus also only need to be planted once... :-)

I haven't planted violas, snapdragons, gloriosa daisies, alyssum,
foxglove, moss rose or sunflowers for years... they just keep coming
back. I might relocate a few, but otherwise I just let 'em grow.

One perennial that I've lately fallen in love with is Summer Sun
Heliopsis. Nice tall perennial with yellow flowers and a long
blooming time.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55618/

Cheers!

On Aug 22, 8:11 am, "readandpostrosie"
wrote:
thanks to both of you!
by the end, i DID mean the entrance to our driveway..................but
about 20 feet from where the snow is piled up in the winter.
annuals are for "lazy" folks?
i would have thought the opposite......................perennials, need to
be planted just once!

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message

at the end of my driveway, i have four white birch trees that are just
beautiful.
the entrance could use some color however and i would like to put some
bushes of some sort out there.

roses that don't rot? and bloom forever?

any suggestions?

rosie
the VERY lazy gardener