Old 23-08-2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default red bugs redux

"John McGaw" wrote in message
cat daddy wrote:
"joann" wrote in message
. net...
pic posted on a.b.p.g. labeled red bugs

I appreciate your help identifying these little critters

They're still box elder bugs, as identified in your previous thread.

http://www.entomology.wisc.edu/diagl...-bug-nymph.jpg

I have to agree with you. I never took in to consideration that the
"big" bugs might be nymphs also rather than adult forms but your matchup
looks to be absolutely perfect.

Now I'm not so sure, after seeing Lar's photos. I had box elders for the
first time this Spring, so that's what I'm familiar with.
Maybe just call 'em a buncha red bugs and let it go at that.......