Old 23-08-2007, 04:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
skinty skinty is offline

Default Complete beginner + tired lawn

Are there any trees near by ? & high bushes

"eebster" wrote in message

Weve just bought a house in northern France (Picardy) which has a large
garden which has been rather neglected for about a year. We're complete
beginners to gardening so we thought we'd start by tackling the two
(front and back) lawns but we're not sure where to begin.

I dont know what type of grass it is but I do know we have a lots of
weeds and moss.

All we've done so far is to cut it but I plan on doing soil tests.

What would be your suggestions of a plan of action and when?

Thanks for any help

Ian

PS Ive tried to attach images but its failing so you can see them
he
http://eebster.com/lawn_closeup.jpg
http://eebster.com/lawn_longview.jpg

--