Old 23-08-2007, 08:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Identify land snail

I am on the mid north coast, north of Newcastle, on acreage. In the vege
garden I have found some snails that I cannot identify. They look nothing
like a normal garden snail but more like a small periwinkle. They are a
spiral pointed at one end and thicker at the other, about 8mm end-to-end and
5mm in diameter at the widest. The colour is a nondescript grey-brown.
They are mostly on the larger leafed veges such as collards and don't seem
to hide away obsessively like normal garden snails.

I have trawled through google images etc but cannot find them. I lack any
means to post a photo. Can anybody indentify them or suggest where to look
for information?

David