Old 02-04-2003, 05:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default A rec.pond Statistical Database?

In my experience over the past 9 months or so that I have hung out here, it
seems to me many of the questions asked get answers that begin with, "Well
it depends..." I got to thinking, the "Well it depends..." factor may be
manageable if we had an accurate dataset to compare.

I am willing/able to put together a database that we can use to compare
techniques, designs, water factors, etc. I'd be happy to manage it, share
it, maintain it, etc. What I would need from the group is...

Opinions on what we should track. Off the top of my head, I can think of:

Pon Owner
Location
Zone
Pond Volume
Pond Size
Pond Depth
Filter Type
Filter Size
Age of Pond
Pond Type
Wildlife in Pond

Any opinions? My thinking is, if someone in Zone 5 is having problems with
their goldfish pond, it may help them to know that there are three people
with a similar pond, in similar conditions.

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.