Old 23-08-2007, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 23/8/07 16:29, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:26:00 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 12:26, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:05:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 11:51, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:45:11 -0000, "
wrote:

snip

Just seen your lovely Ray on French t.v.

On BBC surely or did you watch using the microwave?

He has such a lovely smile
and his eyes sparkle, lovely man, tell him I am waiting for the
autograph.

Q: Whose bottom appeared in the background? Sacha's or the alien's?

We're thinking of starting a 'bum club'. Someone from urg who visited us
suggested it should become a tradition to be photographed from the rear,
outside the nursery. ;-)
Anyway to answer your question - not mine! ;-)

LOL I could see it catching on. Bus loads of bum flashers from Manchester.

Good program and your bit came over well. The garden and Ray that is :-)

Thanks, Martin. He's been on various tv progs from time to time and never
seems to worry about it. I should hate it!

He's a so natural. Ray should have his own program

I'm biased but I think he'd be rather good at it. However, I can't see him
sporting long flowing locks, or lace trimmed wellies or whatever gimmicks
he'd need. ;-) But he certainly knows his plants and someone of his age
bridges the gap between the old chaps who knew all sorts of old tips and
tricks and the younger, modern methods. Being 'a certain age' myself, I
like to listen and learn from people who've been doing a job for a long
time, rather than from those who have barely dipped a toe in the water, by
comparison. From the pov of learning something about gardening - as opposed
only to design or instant garden - you couldn't beat the likes of Percy
Thrower, Geoff Hamilton, Peter Seabrook.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk