Old 23-08-2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Scotts Deluxe Broadcast Spreader

On Aug 23, 10:20?am, Phisherman wrote:
I bought a Scotts Deluxe broadcast spreader with Edgeguard. I used it
for 10 minutes and found that sometimes the right wheel locks up when
using it on a slope. The right wheel also locks up when pulling back
on the spreader (the instructions say to gently pull back). I also
noticed that the hopper is much thinner than the previous (Scotts)
spreader I owned. Anyone else notice this? Will Home Depot take
this product back? Are there better brands for walk behind broadcast
spreaders? I need one this fall for liming, fertilizing, and
overseeding.

Home Depot will take it back no problem, or they will exchange it,
probably just a malfunction on the one you got.