Old 24-08-2007, 10:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
newsreader newsreader is offline

Default Scotts Deluxe Broadcast Spreader

Phisherman wrote:
I bought a Scotts Deluxe broadcast spreader with Edgeguard. I used it
for 10 minutes and found that sometimes the right wheel locks up when
using it on a slope. The right wheel also locks up when pulling back
on the spreader (the instructions say to gently pull back). I also
noticed that the hopper is much thinner than the previous (Scotts)
spreader I owned. Anyone else notice this? Will Home Depot take
this product back? Are there better brands for walk behind broadcast
spreaders? I need one this fall for liming, fertilizing, and
overseeding.

I've bought a bunch of different spreaders over the years. IMO the
Scotts brand were all pretty much cheap junk. I tryed an Agway, which
was a little better. Then, a couple years back, I broke down and bought
a Lesco. What a great tool! 80 lbs capacity, stainless steel frame, big
rubber tires, and accurate feed adjustments.
http://www.lesco.com/ProdCatalog/Pro...SKUGroupID=102