Old 24-08-2007, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomato pesticides, anything better than Malathion?

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

I may have to try some of that for the ivy out front.

Your ivy has a fungus?

It was suffering from root rot.
Some of it still does from time to time.
It kills whole sections before I catch it. :-(

Bordeaux mixture is a fungicide; it sounded like
OP's tomatoes have a blight. Fungicide will help.

I can use topical fungicides for my Peruvian torches.
They came in with a blight and I've been fighting it ever since.

BTW, my one tomato plant that's downhill from the compost pile (where
among other things I've been dumping the cat box) is big and robust and
3 times the size of the other tomato plants. It's also the only one
that doesn't have any blight at all. Coincidence?

Bob

Good nitrogen in that cat litter. ;-) It used to be beneficial here too,
but I quit dumping used kitty litter in garden beds when I switched to
scoopable. That stuff is nasty.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.