Old 24-08-2007, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default berry identified by photo

, I, Marvo, say :

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:
, I, Marvo, say :

You shouldn't use immodium without a prescription.

You sound like someone who's never eaten too many damsons :-)

Kaolin and morphine is better. Eating less damsons is the perfect
solution.

Eh? How many is too many? Unless you are the sort of person who
rarely eats much fruit, it is quite hard to eat enough ripe fruit
to give yourself any significant trouble. Minor diarrhoea isn't
more than mildly annoying.

Even eating too much pawpaw isn't bad enough to justify taking
noxious medicines - and pawpaw is a lot more laxative than any
form of plum.

I find rhubarb so nasty that I am not tempted to eat any of it,
let alone too much, but my wife has never had serious problems
even from overindulging in that.

I find damsons are the worst, followed by greengages. Ornery plums are fine,
and I eat more fruit than all but two people I know, one of which is
virtually a fruit'n'veggie, and the other is my mate Albert.

I live on pawpaw (with lime), probably have four big ones a week. I didn't
know it was a laxative.