Old 24-08-2007, 03:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default want / need to install Pond bottom drain and Skimmer.

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 06:21:00 CST, Dude wrote:

Like the subject says I would like to install a bottom drain and a
skimmer. What I'm having a problem with is paying so much for such
simple devices. I think they are quite over priced.

Want cheap on a bottom drain? Using EPDM liner, simply cut the hole
1" smaller than the pipe and shove the pipe through from the bottom,
leaving a lip on the water side to press against the pipe. Some have
tried a clamp around the lip, but it isn't necessary.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb