Old 24-08-2007, 09:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Too late to plant herbs?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:38:56 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

Is it too late to plant herbs and perennials? Or perhaps a different way to
say this, is there a better time this year to plant herbs and perennials?
Specifically I'm thinking of Thyme and Echinacea. That plot of land that I
discussed in this group a while back is ready, minus some more soil, and I'd
like to get something in the ground so that in the spring its can do its own
thing.

Our winters are mild, summers are long hot and dry. Perennials
planted in the fall seem to do better. In another climate planting
times can be different.