Old 24-08-2007, 05:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Tomato pesticides, anything better than Malathion?

Glenna Rose wrote:
writes:
[snip]
BTW, my one tomato plant that's downhill from the compost pile (where
among other things I've been dumping the cat box) is big and robust and
3 times the size of the other tomato plants. It's also the only one
that doesn't have any blight at all. Coincidence?

Bob

Or maybe healthy soil?

That's part of it, although the plant looks like maybe it got too much
nitrogen because it doesn't have many blooms nor tomatoes yet. I think
those will just come later than on the plants that aren't doing so well.

I think next year when I do the "spring cleaning" in my back yard, I
will follow that umn.edu page's advice about burying dog waste at least
6" deep in the soil. I'll bury it about 10" deep under my tomato
plants. ;-)

Bob