Old 25-08-2007, 12:19 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Composting toilets

"Ann" wrote in message
"Eigenvector" expounded:

Heck, simply having a septic tank is
almost an impossibility now.

That entirely depends on where you live. Around here everyone has
one, we have no sewers (nor do I want them, with the associated fees).
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

It doesn't work that way in our district. Here a septic drain field is
impossibly large by code, much much larger than the one my house was built
on. My presumption is that they are trying to encourage everyone to get
onto sewer. Until my septic fails I won't do that - or at least until they
put a lien on my property.

I was wondering about the composting toilet because it would dramatically
change the lifespan of an older drain field.