Old 24-08-2007, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Home Depot ...........

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
500 miles is a long drive for us. :-)

I think Gene was making a comparison to his situation, and thinking there
must be some *real* orchid sellers in your area too......

We're in the Nashville area and only found one place, and it's by
appointment only. I don't like that idea in case we can't make it or do
make it and don't see anything we want. I don't want to feel obligated to
buy a plant because the owner was inconvenienced. Another thing I find
really annoying is when someone follows you around and you're tripping over
them trying to look at their wares.

..The farthest we've
driven for orchids is about 150 miles, from home to the Redland Festival.
Not to be missed if you're ever in Homestead in May. It's like orchid
Nirvana!

We might consider 150 miles if the place was really large and the prices
reasonable. But 500+ miles one-way is out of the question.

Diana