Old 24-08-2007, 09:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Putting green Help

On Aug 24, 11:48 am, Irishden
wrote:
HI

I live in cheshire. The area I wish to turn into a putting green is
sloped away from the house. I have done all the prep work and really
just need to know about the current grass etc.. do i kill it or use
that?

thanks

denis

--
Irishden

How could you possibly do the prep work for a green, and not know what
kind of grass to plant? I don't know how anyone could look at a
green and think you could create one in your backyard and maintain
it. Bent grass, which is typically used, needs to be watered daily,
mowed with a special mower every couple days, treated with fungicide
in hot weather.... And the prep work and getting the exact right soil
mix is critical. Bottom line, unless you're prepared to spend a lot
of time and money, it ain't gonna work.