Old 25-08-2007, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Joint compound as fertilizer/conditioner

In article ,
Charles wrote:

It appears that we need to reinvent the wheel because there are so many
new posters in these groups.

Chem ferts kill the soil and leave you at the mercy of the
petro-chemical companies to feed your plants.

Spraying malathion on food crops must be the singularly stupidest and
worst idea I've heard this year, and there have been many contenders.

Joint compound would seem to be contra-indicated since it contains
triazine, which is used both in insecticides and herbicides.

I recommend in the strongest manner the two books above for anyone who
is thinking of growing food or who eats.

I printed out this post and put it on my lawn. I can see the grass
starting to turn green already

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever. Bully on you
Sir. Bully on you.

--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/