Old 25-08-2007, 03:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Putting green Help

On Aug 25, 12:30 am, "Dave" wrote:
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message

Irishden said:

HI

I am a novice gardner but am thinking of installing a putting green in
my garden. I want this to be natural as I hate the thought of
synthetic. Can anyone give me advice on replacing the current grass
etc...

You're fscking nuts. =)

Do you really think that maintaining a putting green requires only "novice
gardening experience"? (serious question)

--

Eggs

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Well, I've seen and talked to some of the people that maintain putting
greens... Not impressed. I know for fact they didn't plant/seed the
original green. That's what the OPs question is about.
Dave- Hide quoted text -

I see. You just have to seed it and then it takes care of itself?
And it's better to answer the OP's question with "bent grass", rather
than explain why what they are trying to do is nearly impossible.

You may not be impressed with some of the people that maintain
greens, but I assure you, if the golf course is in any decent shape,
there is someone there supervising that knows what they are doing.