Old 25-08-2007, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Powdery Mildew starting on squash

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
A few of my squash plants have developed powdery mildew. Last year I lost
all of my pumpkins and squash to this. Has anyone had it start, and then
was able to stop it from spreading? If so, what did you use? I'd hate to
loose my squash and pumpkins. Last year I used a fish/canola oil mixture,
but it did not help any.

What worked for me once was simple: A heaping tablespoon of baking soda
dissolved in a quart of water. Spray on leaves. I guess it throws the pH of
the leaf surface in a direction the mildew doesn't like.