Old 26-08-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default 100+ F

"K Barrett" wrote in message
news
I used a lot of the advice from Charley's greenhouse when I built my GH.
I've provided a link to their tips page. I used their formulas to calculate
how large a swamp cooler (evaporative cooler) I'd need as well as how large
a heater. My GH was 8x16 and I put Charley's swamp cooler in it which was
over kill, but when I expanded the GH to 8 x 30 I didn't have to get a
larger cooler. It still works fine.

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/index.cfm?page=_tips

you can find swamp coolers at Home depot or Lowes or google them online
once you've seen what they look like at Charley's. I just went with
Charley's because I knew I could get one there and didn't want to search.
My friend got one at Home depot 3-4 weeks later for half the price. You
will have to develop your shopping skills. If they have Graingers in your
area they are a resource for thermostats etc, too. Usually at a cheaper
price. graingers.com (I think)

I'm going to check that site out. I did order some bubblewrap insulation
and clips from Charleys. They came already. Will check out the coolers now.
I have to go to Lowe's this week anyway and will see if they carry SCs.
What do people that don't have GHs use these swamp coolers for?