Old 25-08-2007, 10:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Putting green Help

Dave said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Irishden said:

HI

I am a novice gardner but am thinking of installing a putting green in
my garden. I want this to be natural as I hate the thought of
synthetic. Can anyone give me advice on replacing the current grass
etc...

You're fscking nuts. =)

Do you really think that maintaining a putting green requires only "novice
gardening experience"? (serious question)

[borked OE quoting snipped]

Well, I've seen and talked to some of the people that maintain putting
greens... Not impressed.

Whether or not you're impressed with Bubba at the local public course, is
irrelevant (especially considering the rest of your post).

I know for fact they didn't plant/seed the
original green. That's what the OPs question is about.

I don't consider it even remotely proper to instruct someone on how to
install something that they have absolutely no idea how to (or, probably
the resources to) maintain it. That's what the replies were all about.

You don't just plant a putting green, and treat it like any other lawn.
First of all, it isn't planted on a base of soil, so the OP's "prep work"
is all for naught. Explaining to them all of the things necessary to
install *and* maintain it would take MUCH more than a few newsgroup posts.
I'm sure you don't understand that.

--

Eggs

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.