Old 26-08-2007, 10:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

Default Grass Cuttings

"Owen" wrote in message

Hi, Does anyone have any good ideas on getting rid of all of my
grass
cuttings? I have a large garden on which I have to use a tractor
mower,
so I create quite a lot! I already have three huge compost heaps
and I
don't want a fourth. I'v tried burning them but they just smolder
for
days, and I don't want to upset the neighbours (especialy as I
have
only lived here for just over a month) Please let me have any of
your
ideas.
Thanks, Owen

I'd just make a huge pile in the back of your lot and leave them.
Don't make a working compost pile, just let them compost naturally.
Will take a while, but someday there will be decent compost. Just
don't toss the clippings.
Bob-tx