Old 26-08-2007, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Lawn care tools

"Javier" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 26, 1:41 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Javier" wrote in message

ups.com...

Next year I will be taking care of the lawn rather than using a local
lawn services, I simply can't afford it any more. Besides my lawn
mower, edge trimmer and leaf blower are there any other tools that I
need in order to keep my lawn healthy? I leave in North Eastern, NJ.

Javier

Some good hand weeding tools. And, don't be one of those people who

chases
one leaf around the yard for 3 hours with the blower, thereby making

your
neighbors want to put a bullet in your head. You could replace the silly
thing with a good quality push broom.

Thanks,

So basically ditch the blower idea and use a push broom to get the
fall leaves to the curb so the town can pick them up?

Or, run over them with your mower, mulching blade is best, and return the
nutrients to the soil like Nature does. Set the wheels high in front and low
in back. If you have a side discharge mower, blow the leaves toward the
center, then reverse when the distance of the discharge throws it toward the
edge.