Old 26-08-2007, 05:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Grass Cuttings

willshak said:

on 8/26/2007 6:07 AM Eggs Zachtly said the following:
Bob said:

someday there will be decent compost

Not from only grass clippings, there won't.

I have a decent compost heap from just mowing grass, weeds, dead leaves,
and whatever other vegetation is laying on the lawn. No kitchen scraps
or anything else, except lime. It's been producing compost for 22 years.

Which proves my point. You don't have /just/ grass clippings.

--

Eggs

-It ain't the jeans that make your butt look fat.