Old 26-08-2007, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Want to get rid of walnut tree?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
news

My walnut tree is becoming a bit of a bind, it's really much too big for
the garden, and as much as I love walnuts I feel the time has come to
dispose of it!

The question is, who is likely to want to buy it for use as walnut timber?

Alan in Windsor

Mike suggested woodturners. Here's a useful link; click on the branch link
to find a club near you.
http://www.woodturners.co.uk/index.htm

However, it might be better to contact one of the professionals on the
committee to find a pro near you and get a proper feller in. A bunch of
amateurs in the garden can leave one helluva mess.

BTW Expect (or demand) at least a salad bowl as just reward!
Graham