Old 26-08-2007, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Want to get rid of walnut tree?

"graham" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
news

My walnut tree is becoming a bit of a bind, it's really much too big for
the garden, and as much as I love walnuts I feel the time has come to
dispose of it!

The question is, who is likely to want to buy it for use as walnut
timber?

Alan in Windsor

Mike suggested woodturners. Here's a useful link; click on the branch
link to find a club near you.
http://www.woodturners.co.uk/index.htm

However, it might be better to contact one of the professionals on the
committee to find a pro near you and get a proper feller in. A bunch of
amateurs in the garden can leave one helluva mess.

BTW Expect (or demand) at least a salad bowl as just reward!
Graham

Sorry I didn't make that clear, thank you for bringing it up. We had
professionals in because it was Council work and yes I wouldn't let a bunch
of 'cowboys' in either.

But try to get the tree fellers to work in conjunction with the Turners or
Antique dealer because of getting the best cuts.

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007 FULL. WAIT LIST OPERATING
www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily