Old 26-08-2007, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Want to get rid of walnut tree?

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Another site I visit for photography, had a tree with just a little bit of
a house brick showing. The caption was 'Brick eating tree' I posted a
picture I took of a tree which had had a wire hawser passed round it to
support a fence. In time the tree had 'eaten' the hawser. I can post the
picture somewhere A) if anyone is interested and B) you tell me where :-)

Mike

On a slightly different note; my younger son was drill a fence post hole
with a petrol-powered augur when it "bit" on something and threw him as the
power head whirred round. When he finally manage to stop it (3 huge bruises
later) the augur had tangled with a barbed-wire fence, buried when the land
was prepared for housing.
Graham