Old 26-08-2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Powdery Mildew starting on squash

I tried milk last year - didn't help, I still lost everything. I also
noticed next to it in your remedies section a recipe for oil and soda, which
is what I used. I won't know for a week if it helps any. Part of the problem
is that I did not realize how large and invasive pumpkins would grow. The
vines are easily 20 feet long, and have crowded out much of my squash and
cucumbers. Very dense, and we don't get a lot of wind here. Plus, the only
way I have to water is overhead watering, which leaves everything nice and
wet

"len garden" wrote in message
g'day ook,

there is a recipe for a spray using milk on our remedies page, lots
have success with that.

i find that growing the cucurburts in well drained and full sun
positions with good air movement ie breezes works for us the only time
we might get some p.m is right toward the end of the plants productive
life.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev