Old 26-08-2007, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lawn care tools

"Sheldon" wrote in message
ups.com...
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Javier" wrote:

Next year I will be taking care of the lawn rather than using a local
lawn services, I simply can't afford it any more. Besides my lawn
mower, edge trimmer and leaf blower are there any other tools that I
need in order to keep my lawn healthy? I leave in North Eastern, NJ.

Some good hand weeding tools. And, don't be one of those people who
chases
one leaf around the yard for 3 hours with the blower, thereby making your
neighbors want to put a bullet in your head. You could replace the silly
thing with a good quality push broom.

What makes you think the blower is going to be used for leaves... this
is about lawns... there's no leaf blowing during the entire grass
growing season... and perhaps the OP has no trees dropping leaves, or
would prefer a rake, so don't assume. The blower is primarilly used
to blow grass clippings from edging and string trimming... for the
typical surburban lawn that's like a five minute blow job..

Yeah. Five minute job. That explains why, without exception, my various
neighbors have the stupid things running for a half hour at a time, just for
a few grass clippings.

HALF
HOUR
AT
TIME

Get a push broom for the wide surfaces, and a whisk brook for edges. Just as
fast as a blower.