Old 27-08-2007, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Lawn care tools

On Aug 26, 6:25?pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Sheldon" wrote in message

ups.com...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Javier" wrote:

Next year I will be taking care of the lawn rather than using a local
lawn services, I simply can't afford it any more. Besides my lawn
mower, edge trimmer and leaf blower are there any other tools that I
need in order to keep my lawn healthy? I leave in North Eastern, NJ.

Some good hand weeding tools. And, don't be one of those people who
chases
one leaf around the yard for 3 hours with the blower, thereby making your
neighbors want to put a bullet in your head. You could replace the silly
thing with a good quality push broom.

What makes you think the blower is going to be used for leaves... this
is about lawns... there's no leaf blowing during the entire grass
growing season... and perhaps the OP has no trees dropping leaves, or
would prefer a rake, so don't assume. The blower is primarilly used
to blow grass clippings from edging and string trimming... for the
typical surburban lawn that's like a five minute blow job..

Yeah. Five minute job. That explains why, without exception, my various
neighbors have the stupid things running for a half hour at a time, just for
a few grass clippings.

HALF
HOUR
AT
TIME

Get a push broom for the wide surfaces, and a whisk brook for edges. Just as
fast as a blower.- Hide quoted text -

May not be so simple to sweep, I sure wouldn't want to sweep my
driveway, that's why I bought the blower.

I string trimmed today, but only my driveway and walks need blowing...
blowing lots of clippings, dirt, and all the pine cones that are
falling now... took me no more then ten minutes, and my driveway is a
doublewide and 150' long. My little Echo blower is small but gets
heavy fast, I don't want to lug it around longer than necessary. I
know I can get some sort of harness but I only use it 2-3 times a
year, that's how often I edge my driveway and walks... I don't bother
blowing the clippings off my lawn, where would I blow ten acres
worth. And I can run my blower as long as I want with no one
complaining, my nearest neighbor is more than 1,000 feet away.but like
I said, that thing gets heavy, I don't think I'd want to carry it
around for a half hour. Your neighbor must be a creep, perhaps he's
running it on purpose because he knows it bothers you. I had a creepy
neighbor behind me where I lived previously. Everytime he'd see us
outside he'd start up one of his many ratty old push mowers and just
leave it run unattended (a lot of times he'd have more than one
running, noisy mufflers too), he had the auto-shutoff rigged or they
were so old they didn't have that. His wife was a creep too, she
would peep out the window to see if we were annoyed... so finally I
got fed up and had a six foot cedar stockade fence installed... first
time he did his lawnmower trick they discovered that the noise echoed
off my fence and was three times louder for them.... they didn't do
that anymore. And they were the ones whose rose of sharon I poisoned
shortly thereafter. Not only did all those zillions of seeds sprout
in my lawn and perennial beds but they would toss their fallen
branches over the fence. The year before I moved that useless old
creep got cancer and died. Ask me if I felt bad.