Old 27-08-2007, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Lawn care tools

JoeSpareBedroom said:

"Javier" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 26, 1:41 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Javier" wrote in message

ups.com...

Next year I will be taking care of the lawn rather than using a local
lawn services, I simply can't afford it any more. Besides my lawn
mower, edge trimmer and leaf blower are there any other tools that I
need in order to keep my lawn healthy? I leave in North Eastern, NJ.

Javier

Some good hand weeding tools. And, don't be one of those people who
chases
one leaf around the yard for 3 hours with the blower, thereby making your
neighbors want to put a bullet in your head. You could replace the silly
thing with a good quality push broom.

Thanks,

So basically ditch the blower idea and use a push broom to get the
fall leaves to the curb so the town can pick them up?

Thanks,

Javier

No. You use a rake for the leaves. I can move leaves twice as fast as my
neighbor, who's got a leaf blower, and I ain't no spring chicken. Look in
your phone book for a REAL garden center, and tell them you need a rake for
leaves.

Guaranteed, you can't move leaves faster than a backpack blower, using only
a rake.

--

Eggs

Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers?