Old 26-08-2007, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
raeannsimpson raeannsimpson is offline

Default foraging in the hedgerows.

On Aug 26, 2:42 pm, adamgreen
wrote:
Hi my 1st post..

Well today ive been out and about collecting berries from the highways
and byways around where i live, i managed to nearly fill a 5ltr bucket
with blackberries,
[image:http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...garden035.jpg]

However i came across a few bushes loaded with berries that i thought
might be blueberries? i took a twig home to try and identify, any help
on this one would be great many thanks.

[image:http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...garden036.jpg]

--
adamgreen

Looks more like bilberry to me. The bilberry leaves have teeth to the
edges, whereas blueberry leaves don't, or at least the blueberry
leaves I am familiar with have smooth edging to them anyway.

I'm sure you can google bilberry or even wikipedia it for a comparison.