Old 26-08-2007, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Joint compound as fertilizer/conditioner

Charles

Sorry. I am glad I asked. I misread your statement.
Question: Is Epson Salts a good supply for magnesium?
Thanks.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Charles" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:49:15 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
Magnesium does work well on the roses, though.

Charles

Are you suggesting that roses are sensitive to magnesium?

I am saying that when I occasionally put a magnesium sulfate solution
on the soil near the base of the roses that I notice the leaf color
appears to be a darker green and the bloom color is more intense.
(well, on the yellow rose, anyway, I haven't tried it on the others.)

And I only do it once a year.