Old 27-08-2007, 02:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] robertharvey@my-deja.com is offline

Default Want to get rid of walnut tree?

On 26 Aug, 18:11, "Alan Holmes" wrote:
My walnut tree is becoming a bit of a bind, it's really much too big for the
garden, and as much as I love walnuts I feel the time has come to dispose of
it!

The question is, who is likely to want to buy it for use as walnut timber?

Harry Adcock's in Corby Glen used to go all over the country for UK
hardwood, as did John Boddy Timber in Boroughbridge. There is almost
certainly a local sawmill that will come and fell it, take it away,
and may give you money for it too. Do try and sell it standing,
though, as the techniques for felling timber are not the same for
logging as they are for clearance.