Old 27-08-2007, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Lawn care tools

"Javier" wrote in message
ups.com...
Next year I will be taking care of the lawn rather than using a local
lawn services, I simply can't afford it any more. Besides my lawn
mower, edge trimmer and leaf blower are there any other tools that I
need in order to keep my lawn healthy? I leave in North Eastern, NJ.

Javier

Nix the blower. Use a mulching mower. After edging, use the mower to mulch
the contents and spew back into the yard. Use a push broom to sweep
remainder, and dump in middle of the yard and mow again that spot. Be
carbon gas aware.

Wheelbarrow, pointed shovel, flat end shovel, spading fork, flat end hoe,
triangular pointed end hoe, axe, dethatcher, 3 tine dethatcher, leaf rake,
bow rake, possibly a rock bar. You'll figure it out as you go along.

Maintenance of tools. Good set of files for sharpening the blades. Can of
WD-40. Steel wool pot scrubbing pads. Brass spray nozzle for garden hose
to clean tools with. A good gas can and neck nozzle dispenser with a
separate air inlet. Garage organizer for hanging all the tools.

A chain saw to chase off nosy neighbors. A dog to keep you company when
admiring the yard. Also something to cuss at when you step in something
warm and sticky. A water hose works if caught right away. Both on your
shoe and the mashed pile in the yard.
Dave