Old 27-08-2007, 12:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Bachman John Bachman is offline

Default Any new ideas to get rid of moles?

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:12:48 -0700, wrote:

My battle with moles in my lawn has continued for about 5 years. I
have not tried too many products and my best weapon against moles has
been a spring loaded trap which drives 2 sets of prongs (about 4
prongs) down into a tunnel when a mole is under the trap. I kill about
2 moles each summer with these spring loaded traps but I still get
moles in my lawn the next summer.

Moles eat grubs. Get rid of the grubs and the moles will move on to
annoy your neighbors.

In our area (NH) the primary grubs are Japanese Beetles and Milky
Spore eliminates them nicely. No JB grubs and no moles for 7 years
now from one inoculation of Milky Spore.

John